Watch the video & take notes on a sheet of paper
Once you have registered on Medscape, reach the page http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/738518
When you have finished, try to answer to the questions below and then :
- Prove what you understood by reading the transcription which is under the screen
- Prepare a synthesis and are ready to exchange your point of view with a binomial
- Search the meaning of words that you do not know in a dictionary (online for example), raise these words in a book to be able to review them easily
- Practice the pronunciation of all medical terms with an online sound dictionary
LCDR Paul T. Cantey, Neglected Infections of Poverty – Toxocariasis – Medscape – Mar 28, 2011.
- What population is at risk?
- What are the different neglected infections of poverty?
- How do humans become infected?
- What is the seroprevalence of infection with Toxocara in the US?
- What are the risk factors,
- Is contamination common? In which areas?
- Clinical forms:
- First form – Characteristics, signs & symptoms:
- First form in adults:
- Second form – Signs & symptoms-
- Third form – Signs & symptoms