Watch the video & take notes on a sheet of paper
When you have finished, click on each item below to see the answer.
- Name: Prof. Kevin Ahern
- Qualifications: PhD in Biochemistry 1986
• Publisher & editor of several important Science journals
• Teaching: most important part of his life, 20 yrs instructor & professor of Biochemistry & Biophysics at Oregon State University
- Biochemistry is more than a combination of Biology & Chemistry
- Biochemistry describes the Biology & Chemistry of cells
- Biochemistry is a series of oxidation & reduction actions in a metabolic process
To learn the essential parts of Biochemistry
- Basic level
• Carbohydrates, proteins, lipids, DNA & RNA of cells
• Their structure
• Why they are the basic parts of life
- Advanced level
• Function of these molecules
• Most important principles of their metabolism
Adaptive platform with questions for download
- Knowledge for understanding biology of cells & chemical processes
- What they consist of
- How metabolism can be enhanced or inhibited
- Why corn syrup can be a cause of obesity & how metabolism influences this!
Remember to adopt a top-down approach.
Route 66 to medical literature, Félicie Pastore 2017